Notes On System Compatibility
The Ultimate Atari Video mod is finally here in the UK! Harness the power of this awesome little PCB to get crisp, clean, composite and s-video output from your Atari consoles and computers. Compatible with the following machines:
- 400 / 800 (8-bit computers)
- 2600 / VCS (all models)
- XE / XEGS
This kit is compatible with PAL, NTSC, and SECAM models.
Due to the hassle of stocking the 3 different models I only sell the kit version of the UAV. This provides all of the extra bits and pieces required for a full installation in all compatible systems.
Original Description From Manufacturer "The Brewing Academy":
These boards were developed by Bryan Edewaard and sold by him for a long time. He has now sold the rights for the rev. D version to The Brewing Academy and we are producing them for all machines. What does it do?
- Has an on-board regulator to create a clean video power source.
- Has a 3-channel video amplifier designed for 75 ohm loads.
- Has a pixel re-clocking circuit to remove skew and better align the 4 luminance signals into a perfect pixel edge.
- Has a carefully designed chroma-shaping circuit.
- Has an adjustable pot on the board which controls the phase between the chroma and luma signals. A nice side-effect of this that you can change the artifact colors. There's also a jumper to invert the chroma which swaps the positions of the artifact colors.
The board plugs into the CD4050 socket for easy installation on most machines. It can be used in place of the original circuit or alongside it.
Note: Installation requires a lot of soldering and has some fiddly steps, so is not recommended for those with zero electronics experience. A manual is included.
PDF Manual Download / HOWTO Video
If you would like to get an idea of what's involved in installing the UAV please click here to view a PDF copy of the manual.